Daniel Wimmer is an Austrian painter. He comes from a family of artists in Salzburg, and was therefore surrounded by art and art books since he was a child. He became addicted to colors and shapes.
As an autodidact he had to learn everything on his own.
He get to know his craft by studying various books, the internet and he also took a lot of different art classes.
Techniques of Impressionism and Expressionism are to be found in his paintings as well as those of the old masters of realism and contemporary painters. However, regardless of the different influences, the dominant issue in his work always remain the human being.
I constantly get inspired by the human body. I especially love interesting light situations and skin colours.
The sculptural aspect is also very obvious in my paintings.
I hardly paint any details so that i can focus on light and colour.
I´m always playing with contrasts.
Warm and cold, light and dark, different structures and soft and hard edges. Sometimes they become more important than the subject itself.
That´s when the painting get´s an almost abstract touch. On the contrary i like to create an believable moment where the atmosphere almost could be felt. Therefore the viewer has the possibility to get lost in the scene.
Memories and associations are getting activated.
- 2.5.2013 Mark Freizeit und Kulturzentrum Salzburg (solo exhibition)
- 11.10.2013 exhibition at gallery "Mariahilferstrasse 24" i Graz (group exhibition)
- 21.7.2014 Salzburg AG Glasrotrunde (solo exhibition)
- 2014 exhibition "nAKT" at the gallery "Mariahilferstrasse 24"
- 15.1 - 15.2.2015 exhibition "Grand Saloon Bad Säckingen" (Ger)
- März 2015 exhibition "environment" at gallery "Art and ArtCouture"
in Miltenberg (Ger)
- April 2015 exhibition "Flucht" at gallery Phoenix (Köln)
- Mai 2015 - November 2015 exhibition at gallery Peger in Salzburg, Kaigasse 19
- group exhibition at "Sturm und Drang gallery" in Linz
- 10 Oktober 2015 EARLY BIRDS at the art hall in Vienna
- exhibition "Grand Saloon Bad Säckingen" (Ger)
- Academy Bar solo exhibition
13. Mai 2016 bis 13. Juli 2016
- art and culture bar Konrad solo exhibition in Linz 16.August 2016
-re opening at "Sturm und Drang" gallery in Linz December 2016
- "die Neuen" in the gallery of the bvoö Künstler, OÖ Kulturquartier
- "Grand Saloon 2018" in Bad Säckingen
- 30. August Cotroneo - Wimmer solo exhibition in the Sturm und Drang gallery in Linz
- 15. September Linzer art saloon in the Landesgalerie mit dem bvoö Künstler.
- ART Salzburg 18-21.11 2018
- ART MUC 8-11.11 2018 Directors Choice
- ART MUC 17-20.10 2019
- ARTMUC Oktober 2020
- Artgerecht Karlsruhe 1-3 Oktober 2021
- ARTMUC 2022 14-17 Oktober
- ARTMUC 13-15 Mai 2022
- ARTMUC 7-9. Oktober 2022
- ARTE Wiesbaden 2022
-charter Projektgalerie Leipzig November 2022 - März 2023